Cellfina Review: Cellulite Treatment & Procedure
- 7.3/10 Overall
Peer Reviewed Literature
Consistency of Results
- Permanent results.
- Only local anesthetic needed.
- Excellent for a one time treatment of cellulite dimples on the buttocks and upper thighs.
- Bruising can be pronounced.
- Some minor pain during treatment.
- Can only treat up to 25 cellulite dimples in a single session.
Things You should know:
- Deep cellulite dimples are the best indications.
- Thigh dimples will recur if skin is loose.
- Bruising can last up to 2 weeks.
Most Common Use Cases:
- Best for patients who exercise regularly and have stubborn genetic cellulite dimples on the buttocks and upper thighs. For female patients who want to look good in a two piece bathing suit and exercise on a regular basis.
- Mild to moderate buttocks and outer thigh cellulite, not too much atrophy, good skin tone, realistic expectations.
"This is not for cellulite on the mid and lower thighs. It is for very fit patients who have a genetic tendency for cellulite on the lower buttocks and uppermost thighs." - Robert A. Weiss, MD
"Doesn't work on 'cottage cheese' or anterior thigh cellulite, Bruising can be extreme." - Lorrie Klein, MD
Additional Information (provided by Merz)Procedure Description:
Cellfina treats the primary structural cause of cellulite -- the connective bands woven throughout fat in the thighs and buttocks. These tight bands pull down the skin, creating the puckering seen on the surface of the skin. Similar to a rubber band under tension, once released, the treated skin bounces back to smooth itself out. The minimally invasive, in-office procedure takes approximately 45 minutes, depending on the patient and number of areas being treated.
Typical Clinical Applications:
Cellfina is intended for long-term improvement in the appearance of cellulite in the buttocks and thigh areas of adult females.
Best Patient Candidates:
Intended for long-term improvement in the appearance of cellulite in the buttocks and thigh areas of adult females.
U.S. Cellfina Procedure Cost & Price Range:
Average Number of Treatments Needed: