Profound Review: Skin Tightening Treatment & Procedure
- 7.5/10 Overall
Peer Reviewed Literature
Consistency of Results
- Reliable and consistent treatment for cheek sagging and mid cheek volume replacement and reduction of jowls.
- Provides benefit in all 3 primary areas of facial aging:
1) Surface textural improvement
2) Contouring and volume replacement (dermal volume restoration) and ability to decrease unwanted fat (jowls, neck)
3) Skin tightening for laxity due to gravity
- Need to completely anesthetize the skin; although that makes it painless, it means additional bruising and swelling.
- Requires injected anesthesia. Some patients, especially with thin skin, may develop dermal papules that may take up to 10 weeks to resolve.
- Length of office procedure (treatment time plus the numbing phase required)
- A least 1 week of down time due to swelling and bruising
- Treatment results are highly technique dependent
- Results are not dramatic
Things You should know:
- It does not equate to a surgical result (face lift)
- Treatment results can vary
- Good to combine with CO2 laser treatment
- Make sure patient can tolerate multiple needle sticks
- Skin tightening will take 2-4 months. There is moderate downtime of a few days
Most Common Use Cases :
- Early aging patient <45 - 50
- Patients who have facial volume loss
"We use Profound to treat lower facial and neck laxity, brow laxity as an alternative to facelifting or to maintain a surgical lift. We also recommend one invasive procedure a year (laser, Profound) plus usual nonsurgical maintenance skin care, injectables and no downtime lasering. The Profound procedure can be used as alternative to facial fillers as well, and as a retexturizing tool in addition to skin care and lasers and chemical peels. No other way to truly restore elasticity"- Anonymous, M.D.
"Best is for patients who have volume loss, are older or who want something more certain in terms of results. If you have the downtime to give, this is a more certain result than tissue tightening due to high temperature achieved in the skin in every patient."- Amy Taub M.D.
Profound is an aesthetic device clinically proven to create new elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid in a single treatment. Profound features real-time temperature controlled and feedback mechanism delivering Radio Frequency in controlled doses to effect the target tissue. Clinically proven with 100% response rate, Profound is used for mandibular and submandibular contouring as well as wrinkle reduction.
Typical Clinical Applications:
Neck and jawline contouring, wrinkle reduction.
Best Patient Candidates:
Patients age > 40 requesting neck and jawline contouring.
US Profound Procedure Cost & Price Range:
$2,500-$3,500 depending on the area treated.
Average Number of Treatments Needed: