Ultherapy Review & Cost: Neck Lift Treatment & Procedure
- 5.8/10 Overall
Peer Reviewed Literature
Consistency of Results
- Non-surgical treatment for non-surgical lifting.
- There is no downtime post-procedure and results develop gradually over 4-6 months following the procedure.
- Individual patient results may vary however modest results can be achieved in many patients.
- Some skin laxity reduction especially in the lower face and neck area.
- Good treatment of horizontal neck lines that are hard to address with other devices.
- Can also be used on many other body areas.
- Painful for many, especially thin skin patients (four experts mentioned this point).
- Sometimes only subtle results can be achieved.
- Large percentage of non-responders in patients that look like good candidates (20-30%).
Things You Should Know:
- Results may be subtle, It's difficult to assess your results on a day to day basis.
- Pain control is required.
- Results take 3-6 months to see and can?t always be predictable.
- Many patients need multiple treatments.
- There is a possibility of some numbness in treated areas that can last up to a month post procedure on the areas treated.
- Can be used in conjunction with volumizing agents and other tightening procedures
Most Common Use Cases:
- Patients who don't yet need a facelift are best for this treatment.
- For non-obese Patients under 65 years old, 35 to 50-year-old patients are best responders.
- For patients with jowl, neck and brow sagging.
"Results may be subtle for some and it's uncomfortable but can be managed with pain medication." -Lorrie Klein M.D
The Ultherapy procedure stimulates collagen production by delivering focused ultrasound energy to the skin?s foundational layer typically addressed in cosmetic surgery without cutting or disrupting the surface of the skin.
Typical Clinical Applications:
Lift skin on the neck, chin and eyebrow. Also to improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the decolletage.
Best Patient Candidates:
Patients of any age or skin type with acne scarring and/or resistant cystic acne. Middle age or older with lax skin, moderate to deep wrinkles on and off the face.
Other Patients Considerations:
Ultherapy treats the deep foundational layer addressed in cosmetic surgery, but won't duplicate the results of a facelift. Results will take place over 2-3 months.
Ultherapy U.S. Procedure Cost & Price Range:
Average Number of Treatments Needed:
Usually 1 to 2.