Vanquish ME Treatment Review: Fat Reduction Procedure
- 6.1/10 Overall
Peer Reviewed Literature
Consistency of Results
- Treats a large area simultaneously with minimal or no discomfort.
- Very effective for larger areas of fat. Very little to no pain, patient only experiences a mild heat sensation.
- Can also tighten abdomen as well as reduce fat.
- You can treat the abdomen and the front and back of flanks at the same time for an additional 30 minutes.
- No surgery, no downtime, significant circumferential fat reduction.
- Treatment device doesn't come in contact with patient.
- Typically needs 4 treatments over 4 weeks.
- Reports of multiple time-consuming treatments with little visible results in some patients.
- Must have a person in the room to monitor patient positioning and adjust energy level up or down depending on what patient is experiencing.
- The patient is not able to be on a cellular phone or Ipad during the treatment due to risk of damaging the electronic devices.
Things You Should Know:
- You may not get a visible result.
- Require 3-4 treatment sessions.
- You may wish to evaluate other, more established and well-researched pieces of equipment for fat reduction.
- It is very important for the patient to be very hydrated. This means drinking plenty of water the days leading up to the procedure and the days following the procedure. It is also important that patients understand that this is not a weight loss measure. This treatment should be incorporated into an already healthy lifestyle of healthy eating habits and regular exercise.
Most Common Use Cases:
- Debulking of patients who have BMI ranges above 30.
- Mainly abdomen, flanks and thigh areas. One reviewer utilizes the ?shrink wrap? technique the majority of the time which is 45 minutes on the front of the abdomen and flanks and then an additional 30 minutes to the posterior flanks.
- Very thin patients with minimal pockets of fat are not good candidates as results are not as significant.
"Patient must hydrate by drinking at least a gallon of water the day before the procedure, the day of the procedure, and the next two days following the procedure to achieve the maximum results. Fat reduction continues to be seen for 3 months following the last treatment session. Having this procedure does not provide a license to eat everything in sight. The patient must still continue with their normal diet and exercise program" -Suneel Chilukuri M.D.
"We prefer to treat large abdomens and large areas of flank fat. Some thighs can also be treated successfully"- Robert Weiss M.D.
"Didn't work as advertised. Had patients angry and staff not wanting to learn new protocol company said would work better." - Anonymous Physician Reviewer
Additional Information (supplied by the manufacturing company)
Vanquish is a body contouring procedure, which uses radiofrequency energy to heat fat cells non-invasively The treatment is intended for the reduction fat from the abdomen or other areas of large fat deposits. The procedure is virtually painless and requires zero downtime. Results are typically archived and can be visible 2 weeks after 4, 45-minute treatments spaced a week apart.
Typical Clinical Applications:
Non-invasive body contouring and circumferential reduction.
Best Patient Candidates:
All skin and body types including BMI >30.
Other Patients Considerations:
Patient hydration. See results in as little as 2 weeks.
Vanquish ME US Procedure Cost & Price Range:
$500-750 per session.
Average Number of Treatments Needed:
4 x 45min Treatments spaced a week apart.